Aamer S. Abu-Qarn
Aamer S. Abu-Qarn
Economics Department, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
P.O. Box 653, Beer-Sheva, 8410501, Israel
- B.A., 1990, Ben-Gurion University, Department of Economics, with honors.
- M.A., 1995, Ben-Gurion University, Department of Economics, with high honors.
Title of thesis: "Macroeconomic Prediction Model of the West Bank and Gaza Strip."
- Ph.D., 2002, Northeastern University, Department of Economics, Boston, MA.
Title of dissertation: "Three Empirical Essays on Economic Growth in the MENA Region"
- 4/2010-present, Senior Lecturer, Department of Economics, Ben-Gurion University
- 9/2012-8/2013, Visiting Professor, Department of Economics, Helmut Schmidt University, Hamburg, Germany
- 10/2004-3/2010, Lecturer, Department of Economics, Ben-Gurion University
- 10/2002-9/2004, Post Doctoral Fellow, Department of Economics, Ben-Gurion University
- 9/1998-6/2002, Instructor, Department of Economics, Northeastern University
- 9/1992-8/1995, Economics and Accounting Teacher, Eksifa High School, Eksifa
Honors and Awards
- "MA'OF" fellowship by the Council for Higher Education in Israel and the Kahanoff foundation for the period October 2004 - October 2007.
- Post-doctoral Grant from the Council for Higher Education in Israel, March 2003 - March 2004.
- Recipient of the Morris A. Horowitz Excellence in Economics award, 2000, Economics Department, Northeastern University.
- The Israeli Arab Scholarship Program (IASP) Scholarship, provided by the United States Information Agency (USIA), June 1995 - July 1997, full funding of graduate studies in the USA.
- The Tami Steinmetz Center for Peace Research at Tel-Aviv University Award for M.A. thesis proposal, 1994.
- Most outstanding graduate student in the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences (The Wolf Fund), Ben-Gurion University, May 1991.